LEVEL 6 Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI) Preparation Course
When can I take the exam?
All five units of the exam, three oral and two written, can be taken in June. The two written units only can also be taken in November.
June 2016 session dates:
- 21 June 2016 Oral units – Health and Local Government
- 23 June 2016 Oral units – Northern Irish Law, English Law and Scotish Law
- 28 June 2016 Written units, all pathways
- Information Sheet for June 2016 sessions
November 2016 – date to be announced
How much does it cost?
Candidates must pay exam fees and a centre fee. Fees are reviewed annually.
|June 2016 session||November 2016 session TBA|
|Full registration fee (all units)||£666|
|(Register and payment to be
cleared by 31 January 2016)
If you register to sit the exam at the Diversity NI Training Centre, Belfast, the following fees apply:
- Unit 01: £60
- Unit 02 and/or 03: £60
- Unit 04 and/or 05: £60
For any further information or questions
T:02890 473 737
- DPSI is a golden standard for interpreters if they are serious about their career.
- DPSI is entered under LEVEL 6 on National Qualification Framework (NQF) – BA Level
- DPSI is fully accredited by The Open University and The Chartered Institute of Linguists
- The exam for DPSI is regulated by Ofqual.
- This qualification is suitable for people who haven’t been to University, but would like to achieve a BA level degree.
- DPSI is a lot cheaper than a BA degree in University. This is a vocational qualification. Diversity NI works in partnership with Universities who recognise DPSI and use it as an entry level to their Masters Programmes.
- What does it cover: The only qualification to cover both interpreting and translating modules.
- DPSI Covers 5 Modules:
- Consecutive interpreting,
- Simultaneous interpreting,
- Sight translation
- Written translation – From English into Other Language
- Written Translation – From Other languages into English
- Pathways – Specialised Interpreting – Northern Irish (or English Law) and Health
- This qualification allows interpreters to become professional members of CIoL, ITI, NRPSI and will help them open their services to national clients.
- Students can attend a course. One Saturday per month from 9.30 hrs – 16.00 hrs
- Classes start from September 2015 – June 2016