IoLET Level 7 Diploma in Translation (QCF)
Is it right for me?
The Diploma in Translation (DipTrans) is the gold standard for anyone wanting a career as a freelance translator or to work as a translator for international corporations worldwide and meets the need for a high-level professional translating qualification.
Level: postgraduate-level qualification.
What are the benefits?
- Ofqual-accredited, internationally recognised qualification
- Improved career prospects. You will be entitled to:
- Use the title DipTrans IoLET after your name
- Apply for membership of the Chartered Institute of Linguists
What format does the exam take?
The qualification is composed of three units:
Unit 01 Written translation of a general text
Unit 02 Written translation of a semi-specialised text in one of the following:
Unit 03 Written translation of a semi-specialised text in one of the following:
- Social science
When can I take the exam?
All three units of the exam are taken on a single day in January, depending on language combination:
- Tuesday 19 January 2016 – from all languages into English
- Wednesday 20 January 2016 – from English into all languages
How much does it cost?
Candidates must pay exam fees and a centre fee. Fees are reviewed annually.
- Unit 01 Written translation of a general text: £400
- Unit 02 Written translation of a semi-specialised text: £298
- Unit 03 Written translation of a semi-specialised text: £298
- Units 01 and 02 booked together: £595
- Units 01 and 03 booked together: £595
- Units 02 and 03 booked together: £595
- Early registration fee (all units): £540 (register and payment cleared by 25 June 2015)
- Full registration (all units): £595
If you register to take the exam at one of our centres, centre fees are arranged and payable directly to the centre.
If you register to take the exam at the IoLET Open Centre, London, the following fees apply:
- Unit 1: £51
- Unit 2: £51
- Unit 3: £51
- All 3 units: £153
Please contact Paolina Hawthorne on 02890473737 for more information or fill the box below.