OCN Level 4 Community Interpreter in Public and Private Sector
- This course is suitable for both, unqualified and inexperienced bi-lingual people, as well as those who are working as interpreters but haven’t got any training.
- Duration: 5-week course. Fridays and Saturdays from 10.00 hrs– 15.30 hrs
- Cost: £485.00
- Covers all 7 public sectors: Health, Education, Social Service, Housing, Benefits, Criminal Justice (Police interviews and procedures and Courts Northern Ireland) and Immigration.
- Covers Private Sector: Employment procedures, disciplinary procedures, and grievances
- Guest speakers, full preparation pack and CD with detailed information on all sectors.
- In order to achieve the accredited certificate, the students will have a final role play at the end of the course and they will have to submit a portfolio.
- Students will receive an OCN certificate
- Introduces bilinguals to the interpreting business and presents them with an opportunity to start a career.
- Gives you the opportunity to start working as an interpreter after the successful completion of the course.
|1||27th October 2017||Friday||10.00 hrs – 15.30 hrs|
|2||28th October 2017||Saturday||10.00 hrs – 15.30 hrs|
|3||3rd November 2017||Friday||10.00 hrs – 15.30 hrs|
|4||4th November 2017||Saturday||10.00 hrs – 15.30 hrs|
|5||10th November 2017||Friday||10.00 hrs – 15.30 hrs|
|6||11th November 2017||Saturday||10.00 hrs – 15.30 hrs|
|7||17th November 2017||Friday||10.00 hrs – 15.30 hrs|
|8||18th November 2017||Saturday||10.00 hrs – 15.30 hrs|
|9||24th November 2017||Friday||10.00 hrs – 15.30 hrs|
|10||25th November 2017||Saturday||10.00 hrs – 15.30 hrs|
- Good spoken and written English
- Cross-cultural knowledge and understanding
- Some previous interpreting experience – paid, unpaid, formally or informally.
- An interest in developing their interpreting skills to train as interpreters and
Monday, 16th October 2017
Please ring the office and you will be allocated to a FREE assessment slot.
Assessments last 45 minutes in total.
Holiday Inn Express, 106 University St Belfast, BT7 1HP
• Please contact the office by Friday, 13th October 2017 to be allocated a free assessment slot.
• Allow up to 45 minutes
If successful, you will be offered a place for the training.
What to do next:
- Please contact Sarah on 02890 473737 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an admission form and book your FREE Assessment.
- A confirmation will be emailed to you.
Only assessed and interviewed candidates will be enrolled on the course.